Welcome to U3A Manningham in 2023.
It has been great to see so many happy faces and to listen to the excited voices as members catch up with each other after the summer break. There is a new sense of optimism and enthusiasm among members this year.
We have already enjoyed four functions prior to the start of classes:
- Our Orientation morning for new members attracted over 60 people for a session that outlined our volunteer system and operating processes. It also gave new members the opportunity to share their expectations and chat with some committee members over morning tea.
- Most of us may remember feeling a little lost when joining a new organisation, so please go out of your way to welcome and assist these new members to settle in.
- The office volunteers had training sessions which were well attended.
- Tutors had lively discussions over lunch.
- The Migrant English tutors held their first meeting for the year. There is an ongoing demand for our services. As such, we do need more members to consider becoming English tutors.
I want to thank all the volunteers who made these functions so enjoyable and successful.
Our Summer School made a very popular and well supported return. Over 160 attendees enjoyed a variety of opportunities to meet for classes and outings. Thank you tutors, Liz Haylock and Des O’Gorman for Summer School management. These sessions are a great additional program for members during the January school holidays.
We need your help
Could I request that all members check and update their personal details? We need to have correct contact information recorded. Please refer to the Enrolments article in this newsletter for more details.
Manningham Family Festival at Finns
Looking forward, we have the Manningham Family Festival at Finns on Sunday, 26 March 2023. This will provide our U3AM Multi-Instrumental Club with its first opportunity for a public performance. Please support them! We certainly encourage our groups to be actively involved in community events.
I look forward to a very exciting year of growth and progress and to seeing you at the Annual General Meeting in March.